Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mexico Month - Mexitalian?


Okay, I am a little embarrassed to post the meal I made for dinner tonight.  But, it's been a tough week for cooking, and if I don't post this meal, there may not be any new posts this week at all.  First, I will give my excuses for my lack of/laziness with cooking this week: work and the Blazers.  


That said, tonight I boiled some angel hair pasta, tossed it with warmed tinga poblana, and crumbled some cotija on top.  


A little weird and very non-gourmet, right?  


Why would I do such a thing?  


I will tell you why.  I still have a lot left of that huge pot of tinga poblana I made, and I really do not want it to go to waste.  I have already eaten it plain as a stew for at least 4 meals, as tacos once, as a breakfast thing once, and as filling for tamales which I ate over two days.  I was planning to make enchiladas with it next, but I just haven't found the time.  


When I got home from work today - late, may I add - I just couldn't bear the bore of warming up a bowl of the tinga poblana and eating it plain again, and a quick check of my fridge and cupboards revealed very little in the way of other options.  Until I saw pasta.  Why not treat the pork stew like a spaghetti sauce?  And you know what, it was delicious.


And, as an added bonus, the name of my meal reminds me of my Italian best friend who is currently residing in Mexico... and looking a little like a local.  Yes, I think she's a Mexitalian.


Bon appetit.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. I can totally pull off Mexitalian! You are hilarious!

    Being the good Italian I am, I think of pasta as a base for anything, just like rice. I totally approve of this, and I'm sure it was delicious...you know, if pork is your thing. :)

    ReplyDelete