Monday, February 27, 2012

Brunch at Screen Door




Happy Monday, loyal readers. I yet again have the problem that I really haven't been cooking enough to blog about cooking. Thank goodness that even when I am not cooking, I am still eating. So here are some pictures of a brunch that Santina and I shared at Screen Door back in January. 


There is a lot of good food and great restaurants in Portland. It's so hard to say that any one restaurant is my favorite, but if I really had to pick, it would be Screen Door. I went for the first time for the first birthday I spent in Portland back in 2006. My little sister was visiting, and for a birthday present she picked out a restaurant for dinner and took me there. That restaurant was Screen Door, and at the time it was the hot new place to go. That dinner, and every meal I have had at Screen Door since, was perfection.


Screen Door was also one of Santina's favorite spots when she lived in Portland, so we decided to brunch there. A handy thing about living two blocks away like I do is that I can put my name in, then head home to drink mimosas until I am called back to my table. That's exactly what Santina and I did.


I was thrilled to see lemon sticky buns as a special at brunch, so I ordered that and the breakfast corndogs. Delish. Santina got something with eggs. Ew. She liked it though, so that's good.


If you're ever in Portland, try Screen Door.


Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment