Monday, July 25, 2011

Loco Moco... Sort of


Santina says: even Martha went to prison.


I can't believe I am actually blogging about this meal, but I am committed to posting more of my meals.  If that means showing the world (er, the 3 people who read Princeton Eats Portland) the weird stuff I sometimes make for dinner, so be it.


I planned to eat the leftovers from my fajitas for dinner tonight, but for some reason I just didn't feel like it.  I defrosted some pork sausage over the weekend, intending to make myself a brunch including it, but I did not end up doing so.  So, I needed to eat it.  I didn't really know what to do with pork breakfast sausage for dinner, but I just bought a bunch of jasmine rice, so I thought, huh, I'll make a version of a loco moco.


Loco moco should be a ground beef patty over rice topped with fried eggs and gravy.  It's a hawaiian dish, and a hearty one at that, good for filling up after a morning of surfing.


My loco moco is a pork breakfast sausage patty over rice topped with salsa and sour cream.  It's a dish of no origin except my head, also a hearty one, good for filling up after sitting in front of a computer all day.


It does not look pretty but it tastes damn good.


Bon appetit.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you're keeping it real over here, Princeton. I have to admit that for a minute I actually thought you ate fried eggs. I was going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taste is more important than beauty.

    ReplyDelete