Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spicy Peanut Noodles





*** The Giants have won the first two games of the World Series.  It's hard to talk about cooking with that kind of excitement! ***


I didn't really make this dinner last night.  With the first game of the World Series starting at 5 and a Blazer game at 7:30, there was no time to even consider cooking a meal.  I ordered a pizza from American Dream and forgot to take pics, not that a pepperoni pizza makes for interesting photos.  And how am I supposed to talk about ordering a pizza on a cooking blog?


This meal is from last Friday.  Per the norm, I got home starving but without any idea of what to cook.  I rummaged through the pantry and found some wide rice noodles.  That was a start.  I had a jalapeno and some garlic in my produce basket, so I thought - peanut sauce.  Peanut sauce makes everything delicious, in my opinion.  


2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small chili pepper, minced
1 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
1 Tbsp finely chopped mint


Heat oil in saucepan.  Add garlic and chili pepper and cook for 15 seconds.  Add remaining ingredients, except mint, and cook 4 minutes.  Add mint and serve.


In the case of this dinner, I did not have roasted peanuts or mint.  Also, I don't really use this recipe to the T - I just sort of add peanut butter, water, soy sauce, and brown sugar until it tastes right to me.  Also, I always put in a squirt of Sriracha.


As I mentioned, I was quite hungry while I put together this meal.  It ended up taking longer than I anticipated, mostly because I did a bad job of softening the rice noodles, so while I waited, I set up the photo shoot.  I took a pic of the bare plate because I thought it was sorta funny.  


Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment